Sunday 26 July 2015

Colourful Beet Salad with Carrot Quinoa and Spinach

I'm always perusing new blogs, and 'COOKIE + kate' is the latest. I found this recipe I had to try!

This recipe looked interesting and it was scrumptious, and full of goodness. I already had the cooked quinoa, so the prep was easy. I also have a spiralizer (mine has one setting- very fine spirals) that I used for the beets. which I liked, since raw beets can have an earthy flavour- so the finer the better. I also used it on the carrots. The dressing was a nice combination of sweet and tangy. The Edamame beans and pumpkin seeds added texture, and the greens softened the salad. We had it in combination with some fresh summer corn and a mediterranean bean burger. Yum!





Here's the link: http://bit.ly/1cYRrRc

No comments:

Post a Comment