Monday 7 September 2015

Mung Bean Stew with Butternut Squash

This summer I decided to soak, cook and freeze a lot of different dried beans. Since they are a staple in our diet, it seemed like a real time saver to have them on hand. And it is. So when I grabbed a bag of Mung beans, looked for an appetizing recipe and this one popped out for me from Winnie who writes for The Healthy Green Kitchen blog.

This was more of a soup for me, so if you want it stew like, just add less stock. I also added less of the coconut milk (1/2 can) and it added flavour without all the fat.

The flavours are deep and well rounded (love the garam masala spice in it) the texture smooth and comforting. This will be a favourite go to soup- time and time again.  So happy to find this blog- and share it with you!

The link to the recipe is posted below.


This photo doesn't do it justice. It really is lovely looking soup!

The swiss chard is from my garden!





Smells divine!




 Here's the link to the recipe:

No comments:

Post a Comment