Thursday 1 October 2015

Rice Casserole with Lentils

 I bought the book "From Forks to Knives" a couple months ago, but haven't made many of the recipes so decided to try a couple. I was in the mood for a casserole that included lots of vegetables and some beans. This one had it all. I used quinoa penne as the base, and it was very nice.

Word of caution- it does take time to make! Soaking the lentils and making each layer individually was time consuming, as was the clean up afterwards since many pots were required. However, the dish turned out so well, cut beautifully, flavours were complimentary and it was even better a day or two after I made it.

This is dish that is perfect for a large crowd or pot luck. I don't know how well it would freeze, so decided not to take the chance.

I will make again for sure.

The link for the recipe is posted below.



No comments:

Post a Comment